A few days ago I made Crockpot Lasagna. I've never made it before, but thought it sounded good, so wanted to give it a try!
Let me just say, it was heaven on a plate!! It was insanely good!
Here's the recipe:
- 1 pound (16 ounces) ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- In a large skillet brown beef and onion. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce and water and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Mix ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, 2 Tablespoons Parmesan, egg and parsley.
- Pour 1 cup of spaghetti meat sauce into a 4 to 6 quart sized slow cooker. Place half of the noodles and half of the ricotta mixture on top of the sauce. Cover with 2 cups meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles (break the noodles to fit) and cheese mixture and meat sauce.
- Cook on low for 3 1/2 hours or until noodles are soft. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella and remaining parmesan. Cover with the lid to melt the cheese and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Do not overcook and don't try to speed up the process by cooking it on high.
Last night I went to another Bootcamp class.
I'm sure you remember how I complained about the instructor being so boring and having no energy or anything. Well, last week Charity put in an anonymous note about it, and just suggested a few things that would make the class better. I wanted to go one more time, to see if anything had changed.
I got there a few minutes early, so was able to chat with the instructor for a little bit. She was very sweet and friendly.
In class we used a step this time. So that totally changed all the moves and it was very challenging! She still seemed unprepared and I wouldn't exactly say she was energetic, but this class actually did seem a lot better than the other two. I think it's just her personality is not outgoing, and that's just the way she is.
So, hopefully she read the note and things will keep getting better!
Do you have a crockpot? What's your favorite thing to make in it?