Today I am linking up again, with Cynthia, Courtney and Mar!
The topic today is "5 things in my gym bag".
But since I run outside or on my treadmill, and do strength training dvd's at home, I don't go to the gym. So I will list the 5 things I always take with me on my long runs.
1. My handheld Lululemon water bottle and a package of EFS. (Electrolyte Fuel System) This stuff is way better than Gatorade, doesn't hurt my stomach and I can feel the energy! I also love that my bottle has a little pouch where I can stash things!
2. Of course shoes are a given, but I just had to show off my new Mizuno's. I've always wanted a pair, and I finally got the Wave Evo Levita's. They're minimalist, which is my fave kind. I wore them for the first time (yes, the first time ever) at my half marathon last weekend, and they were awesome. No blisters, and my feet felt great the whole time. Ain't they pretty too? ;)
3. Of course I don't bring gel's for my short runs, but always for my long runs. I used to be a GU girl, but have recently switched to Honey Stingers. They go down much easier than GU, and I love the slight honey flavor.
4. My Garmin FR10 and my Ipod shuffle. I love my simple Garmin, it's not all fancy and complicated. It has exactly what I need; time, pace, distance and calories. And of course my Ipod, I have a hard time running without music!
5. Last, and maybe most important, is my Road ID. This is SO important. If you don't have one, GET ONE.
What is something you always take on your long runs?
Anyone running or racing this weekend?
I don't have a race, but plan on getting a long run in!